FISHAMBLE STREET 1
Location for the first performance of Handel's Messiah
The arch was the original entrance to the Music hall in Fishamble Street, scene of the first performance of Handel's Messiah in 1742. The building was a small steel assembly plant up to the late 1970s and it was demolished in the late 1990s. A beautiful plaque by the sculptor Michael Biggs was here in the 1970s-1980s but it has mysteriously disappeared.
Hidden Dublin: Handel's Fishamble Street